hadj : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the fifth pillar of Islam is a pilgrimage to Mecca during the month of Dhu al-Hijja; at least once in a lifetime a Muslim is expected to make a religious journey to Mecca and the Kaaba
- The hadjis were coming home last week.
- But this was to be a hadj with a double mission.
- Khomeini has appointed Khoeyniha to direct Iran's mass hadj (pilgrimage) to Mecca, one of Islam's holiest rituals.
News & Articles
- 3 years after revolt, Egypt quashing rights: Amnesty
Egypt's military-installed authorities are quashing dissent and trampling on human rights, three years after the revolt which toppled Hosni Mubarak, Amnesty International charged Thursday. "Egypt has witnessed a series of damaging blows to human rights and state violence on an unprecedented scale over the last seven months," Amnesty's Hassiba Hadj Sahraoui said in a report, as Egypt prepares to ...
Jan. 23, 2014 - AFP via Yahoo! News