hakka : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a member of a people of southeastern China (especially Hong Kong, Canton, and Taiwan) who migrated from the north in the 12th century
- n a dialect of Chinese spoken in southeastern China by the Hakka
News & Articles
- A New Hakka Church Is Planted As The 20th Member of PCT Hakka Mission Presbytery
Taiwan Church News 3215 Edition October 7 - October 13, 2013 Church Ministry News A New Hakka Church Is Planted As The 20th Member of PCT Hakka Mission Presbytery Reported by Hwang Yi-lek In the afternoon of October 6th, a new Hakka church - Der Sheng Church - was established and held an opening service in Toufen Township, Miaoli. As the 300 attendants was too many to be accommodated into the ...
Oct. 13, 2013 - Worldwide Faith News
- Ma Ying-jeou in eTaiwan News
Speaking in Hakka dialect, Ma told the conference that the government is planning to add a "Hakka affairs and administration" category in national tests for prospective civil servants and professional certification to enable more talented Hakka...
- Frank Hsieh in China Post
If I am elected president, one day a Hakka woman may also become president,Hsieh told the rally.
- Lim Guan Eng in Malaysia Star
It's part of our efforts to promote George Town and give an insight into the traditions of various Chinese clans, among them the Cantonese, Hokkien, Hakka, Teochew and Hainan,said Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng in his opening speech.