- s heartily friendly and congenial
- He rarely attended the hail-fellow parties other automen love, even more rarely invited the brass to his homea modest, $50,000 English Tudor house near the University of .
- That evening Jesse Jones went to a gala party of Washington's hail-fellow Alfalfa Club, but his heart was not in the fun.
- Instead, Debbie gives Tony a hearty, hail-fellow look and asks: "Don't you know me? Look at me, George.
- Tim Kaine in MSNBC
He is not a backslapper,Kaine said. "There are different models that succeed in politics. There's the hail-fellow-well-met model of backslapping. That's not his style."
- Michael Bond in Times Online
Nor did we expect to be tripped up by jealousy, bureaucracy, trades unions and political correctness - or that we would be naive enough to entrust our business to what Michael calls "the kind of hail-fellow-well-met character who might buttonhole...