- Both books cite studies, surveys, statistics, along with some hair-raising anecdotes, on how a rising tide of dull, useless assignments is oppressing families and making kids hate .
- The bankruptcy of Lehman Brothers one year ago marks the beginning of a wild, hair-raising year for investors and regulators.
- Heading out into the estuary of the Derwent River can be hair-raising when the Southern Ocean is choppy, but it's bearable on a large, luxury, high-speed catamaran.
News & Articles
- Here Was Cuba: Film Review
The sobering Irish documentary looks back at the hair-raising nuclear brinkmanship of the Cuban Missile Crisis. read more
June 14, 2013 - The Hollywood Reporter
- Plane makes emergency landing in field near Nocatee
A pilot experiencing engine trouble Sunday morning made a hair-raising emergency landing in a field near Nocatee in northeast St. Johns County, and walked away without a scratch. Dr. Lelan Whitmire, 50, of St.
June 10, 2013 - The St. Augustine Record
- Prince Harry performs death-defying stunts in his Apache helicopter
Prince Harry wowed crowds with death-defying stunts in his first ever hair-raising Apache attack helicopter display. Captain Wales was co-pilot as the deadly machine twisted virtually onto its back to the awe of crowds at the RAF Cosford Air Show, in Shropshire. Star-struck spectators had no idea the Soldier Prince...
June 9, 2013 - New York Post
- John Kufuor in guardian.co.uk
Your tenure has been full of events and challenges, some very mind-boggling and hair-raising,Kufuor said to laughter. "Through them all, you have been strong, forthright, consistent and faithful. You are a survivor. And my hope is that...
- Wes Craven in CBC.ca
Original screenwriter Kevin Williamson "is right on his game with the new script - the characters and story crackle with energy and originality - to say nothing of some of the most hair-raising scares I've seen in a script since : well, since the...
- Trevor Immelman in AFP
It took a couple of days to get the results back, so that was pretty hair-raising, but luckily enough it's all benign and it's all been removed,Immelman said. "After I got out of the hospital it put a lot of perspective on things,...