- n an epigrammatic Japanese verse form of three short lines
- Are the winds of change threatening to topple the old house of haiku?.
- Lesson on page twoQuicklylet us get startedMindstop wanderingThat is a haiku, a 500-year-old Japanese poetic form whose.
- Haiku are not stiffly formulated commentary or instructional verses, nor do they seek to express an opinion or draw rational conclusions.
News & Articles
- Free iPad presentation app keeps it simple
Haiku Deck lets you tell your story in pictures rather than text-laden slides. It's easy to share your iPad presentations and export them to PowerPoint and Keynote. Originally posted at How To
June 13, 2013 - CNET
- Poetic license
The dedication of the “Peace Is a Haiku Song” mural at 1425 Christian St. occurred Sunday. With verbal contributions from, among others, Philadelphia’s Poet Laureate Sonia Sanchez; Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.; and Charles Albert Tindley, the namesake of South of South’s... [This is a summary. To read the full article on SouthPhillyReview.com, click the headline above.]
June 13, 2013 - South Philly Review
- Haiku for a Hawaiian rooster
Hawaiian rooster crowing lustily at dawn. Paradise; no sleep. (Roosters aren’t really the state bird of Hawaii, it just seems that way. Click on comments and submit your own Hawaii haiku.)
June 11, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Michael Oren in Jewish Telegraphic Agency
It's like going from free verse to writing rhymed haikuis how Oren described his transition from opinionated historian to diplomat.
- Rick Moody in Entertainment Weekly
(Moody fans and the curious can subscribe to Electric Lit's Twitter feed at its Twitter page.) "It really was like writing Haiku," says Moody of the story, which takes the form of imaginary liner notes.
- Christine Andreas in Inside Bay Area
That show is such a very layered piece,Andreas says. "It took a while for it to get into my bones. I found it very gratifying. It's so spare. I want to say it's like haiku theater, but it isn't really. You do use few words to convey a lot....