gusty : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s blowing in puffs or short intermittent blasts
- The gusty wind from the East fanned the fire and soon the fire was raging in most parts of the forest.
- Playing against a partisan crowd and a gusty wind brought out the best in Sid.
- The home team's unlikely win brought gusty joy to a country which till recently was mourning its dead in the aftermath of the earthquake.
- Lee Westwood in BBC Sport
Westwood said: "It was tricky. The wind got up and it was gusty, so quite hard to judge. It was a day of patience and I was rewarded with three birdies."
- Vijay Singh in AFP
It wasn't totally into us, except for six holes, I think,Singh said of the wind. "It wasn't awfully bad. It was gusty, but if you timed it well, it wasn't that bad."
- Roger Federer in International Herald Tribune
It's difficult for everybody here at the moment with the conditions changing, the gusty winds and the cool conditions,said Federer, whose first-round match was played over two days because of rain. "So I'm happy to have put myself in the...