gullible : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s naive and easily deceived or tricked
at that early age she had been gullible and in love
- s easily tricked because of being too trusting
gullible tourists taken in by the shell game
- If any people are more gullible about Unidentified Flying Objects than Americans, its the Russians.
- The problem wasn't too-frequent trading, it was too-gullible (or too-greedy) buying of debt securities.
- Such was his authority, among the skeptical and gullible alike, that minor industries sprang up around him.
News & Articles
- A Little Salt: One very gullible man
Courier-Post columnist Danny Henley admits to being more gullible than he thought, or would like to be.
June 19, 2013 - The Hannibal Courier-Post
- The Basement Files
I’m no conspiracy freak, but I’m not gullible, either Greetings readers, residents and NSA data collection specialists, I am back … The post The Basement Files appeared first on The Stillwater Gazette .
June 14, 2013 - Stillwater Gazette
- Baby Alligators In The Sewers Grow Up Fast In Philly
It's common for cynical New Yorkers to shrug off the legions of alligators that roam our sewer system as the stuff of Urban Legend, but every now and then one of these creatures rears its fanged head above ground, and then you have to send a letter of apology to that drunk guy at the end of the bar who you thought was just a gullible gator conspiracy theorist. In August of 2010, to cite one ...
June 14, 2013 - Gothamist
- Joe Barton in The Detroit News
Barton, ranking member on the House Energy and Commerce Committee, said the heating assistance "is supposed to be for poor people, not for cheats who pose as something or someone they're not and get their paperwork rubber-stamped by gullible...
- Johannes Heesters in Washington Post
After the war "I was ashamed of myself and I still haven't stopped feeling this way," Heesters wrote in his autobiography. "I am angry with myself for being gullible, credulous and naive."
- Robert Mugabe in Washington Post
Once again we have shamed all our detractors, who, through gullible people, tried to use every opportunity to undermine our independence and desecrate our hard-earned and inalienable right to self-determination,Mugabe said as he opened his...