- n a building with glass walls and roof; for the cultivation and exhibition of plants under controlled conditions
- a of or relating to or caused by the greenhouse effect
- When seven Northeastern states capped emissions of greenhouse gases by utilities last month, we took a giant step forward.
- The molecules are similar to the glass in a greenhouse, which is why the warming process is called the greenhouse effect.
- We need to begin curbing global greenhouse emissions right now, but more than a decade after the signing of the Kyoto Protocol, the world has utterly failed to do so.
- Barack Obama in Reuters UK
The federal government must work with, not against, states to reduce greenhouse gas emissions,Obama said at the White House, taking a stab at his predecessor's policies. "California has shown bold and bipartisan leadership through its...
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in Reuters
In a letter to Obama, California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger asked the president to "direct the US EPA to act promptly and favorably on California's reconsideration request, so that we may continue the critical work of reducing our greenhouse gas...
- John Paul Stevens in Forbes
EPA has offered no reasoned explanation for its refusal to decide whether greenhouse gases cause or contribute to climate change,Stevens said.