greek : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the Hellenic branch of the Indo-European family of languages
- n a native or inhabitant of Greece
- a of or relating to or characteristic of Greece or the Greeks or the Greek language
News & Articles
- Greek PM offers to restart public news broadcast
ATHENS (Reuters) - Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras offered to hire a small number of workers to resume a public news broadcast, he said in a statement on Friday, in a concession to coalition partners angry over the shutdown of state broadcaster ERT. He said a special liquidator appointed for ERT would set up a committee backed by all parties to hire workers so that the news broadcast could ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Greek yogurt used to make electricity?
The Greek yogurt boom in New York is being harnessed to make electricity.
June 14, 2013 - ABC 15 Phoenix
- Greek Journalists Continue Media Blackout Over Broadcast Shutdown
The Greek Journalist Union (ESHEA) said Friday it would continue a media blackout until early next week in a show of solidarity for fired colleagues at state broadcaster ERT.
June 14, 2013 - HispanicBusiness.com
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in USA Today
It's as old as, you know, Greek drama,Sen. Clinton told supporters in a recent speech to a private gathering, which was later posted on the Web.
- Gloria Steinem in The Associated Press
Adding pants, Steinem said in an e-mail message, "gives us the idea that only pants can be powerful â€” tell that to Greek warriors and Sumo wrestlers."
- Dora Bakoyannis in Forbes
Such actions in the past have had a very heavy cost for the country - moral, financial and for the international standing of the country,said Greek Foreign Minister Dora Bakoyannis, who visited the embassy after the blast. "The Greek...