- n (surgery) tissue or organ transplanted from a donor to a recipient; in some cases the patient can be both donor and recipient
- n the practice of offering something (usually money) in order to gain an illicit advantage
- n the act of grafting something onto something else
- v cause to grow together parts from different plants
graft the cherry tree branch onto the plum tree
- v place the organ of a donor into the body of a recipient
- If the graft is lost, she might be worse off than she was before the surgery, aesthetically at least.
- Via a multimillion-dollar monthly graft payroll and a string of chilling murders including that of a key rival's wife, whose head was reportedly severed and delivered in a box .
- Sister Wanda was willing, and graft tests showed that the twins were indeed identical.
News & Articles
- Naveen Jindal Accused Of Graft In India's Coalgate
Steel and power tycoon Naveen Jindal was charged Tuesday by India’s Central Bureau of Investigation for alleged cheating and graft in an ongoing probe against the improper allocation of coal mines, dubbed as the country’s ‘Coalgate’. Jindal, who is the son of billionaire Savitri Jindal and a Congress Party politician, has been accused along with Dasari Narayan Rao, a former coal minister.
June 12, 2013 - Forbes
- Ex-China railways boss admits guilt at graft trial
Ex-China railways boss admits guilt at graft trial Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 4:26 am, Monday, June 10, 2013 BEIJING (AP) — The man who once ran China's powerful railways ministry wept as he admitted his guilt and sought leniency at his trial on corruption charges, one ...
June 12, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Graft trial opens of former China railways minister
BEIJING (Reuters) - China's former railways minister, Liu Zhijun, went on trial on Sunday charged with corruption and abuse of power, state media said, in a case demonstrating President Xi Jinping's resolve to crack down on pervasive graft. State radio said the trial had begun at a Beijing courthouse under heavy security. If found guilty, he could face the death penalty or life in jail. Liu was ...
June 9, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Kenneth Kaunda in International Herald Tribune
President Mwanawasa was a true servant of the people who served this country with dignity and honor,Kaunda said. "He observed the rule of law and he gallantly fought graft in all its forms. ...... We have lost a great leader who had a real...
- Tiger Wood in The Olympian
They did a graft, basically (took) a tendon out of my right hamstring and implemented it into my left knee and made it into my new ACL,Woods said. "They fixed a little bit of cartilage damage I had in there, and that was about it."
- David Moyes in ic Wales
Moyes said: "We have a different style these days, and that takes time to happen. We have always had the work and graft but we have added ability and quality and it is all coming together well now."