bribery : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the practice of offering something (usually money) in order to gain an illicit advantage
- What can be done to stop the bribery? The most obvious possibility is the one urged by Arthur Burns: passage of a law that would make bribery of foreign officials a crime in .
- The bribery scandal is highly damaging to the reputation of Germany's academic institutions.
- That 1997 convention under which signatories pledge themselves to outlaw bribery of foreign public officials in international business has since become the cornerstone of .
News & Articles
- Portugal lax on bribery abroad, Angolan ties a concern: OECD
By Andrei Khalip LISBON (Reuters) - Portugal's must thoroughly investigate allegations of foreign bribery as its inaction raises serious concerns, especially over business with former colony Angola, the OECD warned on Thursday. The Paris-based Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development said in a report that since Portugal joined an international anti-bribery convention in 2001, only ...
June 20, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Bribery? Fraud? Israeli police question chief rabbi on graft allegations
Police questioned one of Israel's top religious officials, Chief Rabbi Yona Metzger, on Thursday on suspicion of bribery, fraud and money laundering, a police spokesman said.
June 20, 2013 - The Jewish Journal of Greater Los Angeles
- Bribery trial of former Finmeccanica CEO opens
MILAN (AP) — The former head of Italian aerospace and defense giant Finmeccanica , accused by prosecutors of making bribery part of the company culture, went on trial Wednesday for his alleged role in the payment of bribes to secure a crucial 560 million euro ($670 million) helicopter contract in India.
June 19, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in Dallas Morning News
No person wants to live in a society where the rule of law gives way to the rule of brutality and bribery,Obama said.
- Don Siegelman in KMPH Fox 26
We were convicted under this vague notion that somehow we had violated the honest services of the state of Alabama. There was no basis under existing law for me to be found guilty of bribery,Siegelman told The Associated Press.
- William Ruto in The Associated Press
We want to tell those responsible for this that Kenya will not have a new constitution through intimidation, through blackmail, through bribery or through violence,Ruto said.