- n any woman who serves as a sponsor for a child at baptism
- Arroyo is godmother to one of Pineda's sons.
- Oprah made the procedure sound like something halfway between winning the lottery and discovering your fairy godmother: "Every woman watching, this is going to change your life .
- But the book's real pull was its take on the Cinderella story, with Sayuri as the young heroine, Mameha as the fairy godmother, Hatsumomo as the evil stepmother and the Chairman, a .
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
In a statement, President Barack Obama called her "the godmother of the civil rights movement" and a hero to Americans.
- Dolly Parton in CDInsight
Although Parton feels that Cyrus is doing well on her own, she still says, "I'm her fairy godmother.......... She does not need my advice, but she's often asking for information and advice, and I tell her what I know, but I think the girl's doing...
- Robin Givhan in Slate
The tale of Susan Boyle will not be complete until the shy spinster blossoms,writes Givhan. "Those who have been entranced by her story so far should let Boyle's fairy godmother finish her work."