godparent : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who sponsors someone (the godchild) at baptism
- Mark Lester, godparent to Michael's children, says he is not concerned by Joe's statements.
- Almost any celebrity is glad to stand godparent to a child, a street, a monument, a steamship, a cocktail or a baseball bat.
- Nearly everyone who was concerned with American abstract expressionismcritics, curators, the artists themselvesagreed on one thing: the movement, like its godparent .
News & Articles
- Prince George: Will Prince Harry & Pippa Middleton Be Godparents?
The new royal baby will have three sets of godparents, but who will William and Kate choose?
July 28, 2013 - People Magazine
- Lincoln religion briefs July 25, 2013 edition
Our Lady of Fatima Baptismal Preparation - Saturday, Aug. 3 at 10 a.m. All parents who are planning to have a child baptized should attend a Baptismal Preparation session being led by Mary Peterson. Godparents are also welcome to attend. Please call the parish office to register.
July 26, 2013 - The Lincoln Journal
- Leah Remini in Sydney Morning Herald
Lopez's close friend Leah Remini told People magazine: "Me and my husband, Angelo Pagan, have asked for an audition for godparent roles, so at the moment we are waiting to hear back. We need about a day to prepare though."
- Scott Maslen in Digital Spy
I have known Sam since I was 16 and I am Godparent to her kids,Scott told the Daily Star. "We're like: 'Urgh, I am going to have to kiss you!' My missus is her best friend and I and her fella are best mates, so it's really odd. If we do...