- n a sudden happening that brings good fortune (as a sudden opportunity to make money)
- As he discovered on a volunteer trip to Haiti in 2002, ice can be a godsend to a poor village, keeping fish fresh on a journey to market or preserving vaccines.
- In John McCain's case they took place between 1973 and 1984, and are proving two decades later to be a godsend.
- For cyclists, safe parking is a godsend: Jean Gurnee, who rides her bike seven miles from home each morning and leaves it with the Long Beach station attendant says, "It's worth it .
News & Articles
- Solving crimes with DNA — the Supreme Court gets it right
Modern DNA analysis has been a godsend to the criminal justice system.
June 10, 2013 - The Rock Hill Herald
- Guest editorial: Supreme Court gets it right on DNA case
The following editorial appeared in the Chicago Tribune on June 5: Modern DNA analysis has been a godsend to the criminal justice system.
June 8, 2013 - Savannah Morning News
- Supreme Court gets DNA right
Modern DNA analysis has been a godsend to the criminal justice system. By making it possible to identify individuals who leave behind biological material at crime scenes, it allows police and prosecutors to accurately implicate the guilty, particularly in murders and rapes. It has also exonerated...
June 6, 2013 - Victorville Daily Press
- Joe Kines in ESPN
I've been so proud of them,said Joe Kines, the defensive coordinator and interim head coach. "They're really trying to concentrate on this bowl game. I'm really glad we've got this: It's a godsend. We can come to work everyday instead of...
- Stuart Rabner in Consumer Affairs
Homeowners facing the loss of their homes are understandably concerned, and con artists seize on their fears to perpetrate scams,Rabner noted. "These offers of help and money may seem like a godsend, but it is the con artist who ultimately...
- Pat Burns in USA Today
I love working for New Jersey,Burns said. "They've been great to me. They've supported me. (General manager) Lou (Lamoriello) is a Godsend for me because he's looked after me, and I know I can stay close to hockey."