- n a sauce made by adding stock, flour, or other ingredients to the juice and fat that drips from cooking meats
- n the seasoned but not thickened juices that drip from cooking meats; often a little water is added
- n a sudden happening that brings good fortune (as a sudden opportunity to make money)
- A connoisseur of Indian cuisine might, indeed, consider it an absurdity: tikka (oven-roasted meat), is meant to be eaten without masala (gravy).
- A la carte delicacies include mutton in coconut paste and cashew gravy (kid ghost) and okra in a spicy tomato sauce (khara bhendi) .
- If a candidate in addition has a personality that gives the opposition fits, or a few character flaws it deplores, that is gravy.
News & Articles
- CUMBERLAND AREA NEWS: Cumberland Volunteer Fire Department food fundraisers slated
John E. LePage Jr. Correspondent Published: June 16, 2013 8:00AM CUMBERLAND -- On June 23, the Cumberland Volunteer Fire Department will have a sausage breakfast fundraiser at the firehouse on Main Street. The menu will include biscuits, sausage gravy, eggs, sausage links and sausage patties....
June 16, 2013 - The Daily Jeffersonian
- Summer meal program
Bedford Middle School June 17-21 BREAKFAST (9-10 a.m.) Monday: Poptart and sausage patty Tuesday: Ham and cheese muffin Wednesday: Biscuit & gravy Thursday: French toast sticks ...
June 16, 2013 - Bedford Times-Mail
- Gravy Boys bring blend of rock, bluegrass to Oriental
ORIENTAL — Mix a pinch of rock, a handful of honky tonk and a splash of bluegrass, and you’ve got The Gravy Boys. The Gravy Boys present a free concert sponsored by the Pamlico Musical Society June 22 at Lou Mac Park in Oriental.
June 12, 2013 - New Bern Sun Journal
- Steve Hartman in Lancaster Eagle Gazette
He did everything he could to keep this investigation going,said Steve Hartman, an attorney for El-Hindi. "That's how he stayed on the gravy train."
- Brian Frons in Los Angeles Times
Going in we knew we would have an amazing year with her, and that anything beyond that would be gravy,Frons said. "But we were willing to take the chance because we understood what a coup it was to entice Ro back to daytime television. So...
- Judd Gregg in Washington Post
Wartime funding should be not used as a gravy train,said Senate GOP conservative Judd Gregg of New Hampshire.