- n a person who tends a flock of goats
- The goatherd wasted no time.
- This year Babel has Oscar buzz for spinning a wider web: an American couple vacationing in Morocco; the goatherd boy who, testing a new rifle by firing it at the tourists' bus .
- During the campaign, Obama told American voters that his election as the first black President of goatherd ancestry and foreign upbringing could itself change geopolitical dynamics.
- Dirk Bogarde in First Post
In a letter to another friend, just published in a collection of his private correspondence, Bogarde described Jackson as "a plain girl, with feet like a goatherd, hands like a bricklayer, bad teeth."