gluttony : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n habitual eating to excess
- n eating to excess (personified as one of the deadly sins)
- The punishment of vanity, greed, gluttony and arrogance, all in the pages of comics aimed ostensibly at children and youths! Major themes of the precode horror comics are .
- Spitzer may have made his name going after Wall Street gluttony, but he had a long history with criminal cases involving wiretaps, from his 1992 Gambino "mob tax" prosecution based .
- He has racked up an impressive record (43-0, 31 KOs), though his critics say gluttony will keep him from greatness.
- Reese Witherspoon in The Gossip Girls (blog)
I'ma little strict about that kind of stuff,Reese tells. "I think kids do best when they only have a couple of things that they really enjoy. I try and stay away from the gluttony of things. They don't appreciate it as much. When they only...
- Michael Jackson in Washington Post
In one of his lesser-known songs, "Money," from his "HIStory" album, Jackson asks, "Are you infected with the same disease of lust, gluttony and greed?"
- Dan Neil in Hybrid Cars News
Unfortunately, radical changes in America's food supply have generated a constant battle between the hormones generated by the food we eat and our genes. Obesity is not a consequence of sloth and gluttony, but rather an adverse interaction of our... Barry Sears http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Sears&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF09va0ZHSX1JscGf2p_tib1aHO_Q PR Web (press release) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.prweb.com/releases/lose-weight/diet/prweb1107464.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGV85OgPzlUD6v80CJ1fDx48vJMLQ Jul 16, 2008
42524 58343 glycerin In his usual poetic style, Neil concludes, The Leaf is definitely Car 2.0. Sweet, glycerin smooth, techy, frisky and even a little bit beautiful. It just feels like tomorrow."