glassy : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s resembling glass in smoothness and shininess and slickness
the glassy surface of the lake
the pavement was...glassy with water"- Willa Cather
- s (used of eyes) lacking liveliness
a glassy stare
- s (of ceramics) having the surface made shiny and nonporous by fusing a vitreous solution to it
- She never needed much: she grew glassy-eyed after two drinks, often passed out after three.
- A PTI photo essay on January 3 - 9: Snapshots from the Red Planet, mourning a plane crash at the Red Sea and a glassy slam dunk.
- A glassy lake in the middle of the stadium floor suggested the importance of the sea in Greek culture and looked really, really cool.
News & Articles
- Cape Fear River project aims to boost fish numbers
RIEGELWOOD - As the calm waters of the Cape Fear River reach the new man-made rapids at Riegelwood, the glassy surface becomes a crashing torrent. The current surges across rocks meticulously placed in a sequence of arches that span the waterway.
June 30, 2013 - The Fayetteville Observer
- Access to water, navigability for boats keys to Fox River’s future
Pulling on the oars, gliding across a glassy, mirrored surface, broken only by the ripples of his boat, David Tyler Miller often has time to just think.
June 29, 2013 - Kane County Chronicle
- Construction Watch : South Beach Luxury Condo Development Named 'Lumina'
Arquitectonica designed Lumina's glassy towers to resonate with the Infinity Towers across the street With demolition already underway at 201 Folsom, the latest luxury condo project to grace the South of Market finally went public with its details and...
June 28, 2013 - Curbed SF
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in International Herald Tribune
Oh, the respectful gentleman, get out of the glassy palace and know that you are the most hated person in the eyes of the world's nations and you can't harm the Iranian nation,Ahmadinejad said, addressing Bush, according to the official...
- John Worsfold in Adelaidenow
Glassy was pretty keen to play, but the fact he has had a rest now I think is good for us and he looked really fresh on the track,Worsfold said. "They deemed he was not in the final side, from what I gather it was more because of a bit of...
- Bobby Martinez in ESPN
It's disappointing to finish when it's windy like this today,Martinez said. "We all want to surf when it's glassy, and I'm disappointed that we have to finish today. I did my best to mix it up out there, but it's very challenging out there...