gill : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a British imperial capacity unit (liquid or dry) equal to 5 fluid ounces or 142.066 cubic centimeters
- n a United States liquid unit equal to 4 fluid ounces
- n any of the radiating leaflike spore-producing structures on the underside of the cap of a mushroom or similar fungus
- n respiratory organ of aquatic animals that breathe oxygen dissolved in water
- Henceforth, pubs will be allowed to dispense one-sixth, one-fifth or one-fourth of a gill.
- Curt Schilling in Forbes
We had a rough couple of weeks, so a lot of stuff happened over the last couple of days,Schilling said. "I met with Dr. Morgan ...... and Dr. Gill. It got to a point we had to make some decisions."