- n French diplomat who in 1793 tried to draw the United States into the war between France and England (1763-1834)
- n French writer of novels and dramas for the theater of the absurd (1910-1986)
- n agile Old World viverrine having a spotted coat and long ringed tail
News & Articles
- Deal Reached with NIH over Henrietta Lacks's Cell Line
Deborah Lacks wanted answers. In 1974, she asked a leading medical geneticist to tell her about HeLa cells, a tissue-culture cell line derived from the cancer that had killed her mother Henrietta in... -- Read more on ScientificAmerican.com
Aug. 7, 2013 - Scientific American
- Langston Hughes in New York Times
She is strange,Hughes wrote in The Chicago Daily Defender. "So are the plays of Brendan Behan, Jean Genet and Bertolt Brecht. She is far out, and at the same time common. So are raw eggs in Worcestershire."
- Chakraborty in IndiaEduNews.net
The 100-seat Tripura Medical College, set up by GENET in collaboration with the Tripura government here in 2004, is the first public private partnership (PPP) model in the healthcare education in India,Tripura Health Minister Tapan...
- Patti Smith in Malaysia Star
I want to touch on all aspects of our culture, perhaps with readings from (French writer Jean) Genet, and I have an idea for Jeremy Irons to read Proust,Smith said. "It is important we explore the new, but we should also salute the best...