generous : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a willing to give and share unstintingly
a generous donation
- a not petty in character and mind
unusually generous in his judgment of people
- s more than adequate
a generous portion
- In the Romagna region around Bologna, no man was a more generous lender and spender than Giambattista Giuffr.
- With 10 million readers daily, Drudge, 39, has paved a generous path for the blogs; without his example, semipro scribes might not have unearthed "Rathergate.
- The ad, which appeared last fall in the now defunct Providence Eagle, attracted the attention of a number of not necessarily generous gentlemen in the Providence police force.
News & Articles
- Editorial: Despite Generous State Aid, Tall Ship Amistad Missing In Action
Tall ship, despite generous state aid, hasn't filed taxes in 3 years Connecticut residents who wish to visit the state's tall ship Amistad will have a hard time figuring out its whereabouts. Those wishing to donate to Amistad America Inc., the nonprofit that owns the ship, will run into a similar dead end.
June 11, 2013 - Hartford Courant
- SafeSoft Solutions Launches Generous Affiliate Commission Program
WOODLAND HILLS, Calif., June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- SafeSoft Solutions, a leader in cloud-based sales and marketing productivity solutions for call centers and small to mid-size businesses, announced a new affiliate partner program today that pays a generous 10 percent...
June 10, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Survey: New Yorkers are the most generous tippers in the nation
To tip or not to tip? That is the question, but not so much in New York. According to a new survey, people from the Empire State are the most generous tippers. YNNs Crystal Cranmore spoke with diners and servers about their tipping philosophies.
June 9, 2013 - YNN Syracuse
- Lance Armstrong in Times of India
Very generous. Obviously he recognises he had the support of a great team it's a nice gesture,said Armstrong, who is now looking forward to enjoying retirement from highly competitive racing after the Tour.
- Barack Obama in FOXNews (blog)
In the Monday statement, Obama mentioned his appreciation for Byrd reaching out to new senators, "He held the deepest respect of members of both parties, and he was generous with his time and advice, something I appreciated greatly as a young...
- Heath Ledger in BBC News
Heath has touched so many people on so many different levels during his short life, but few had the pleasure of truly knowing him,Mr Ledger said. "He was a down-to-earth, generous, kind-hearted, life-loving, unselfish individual who was...