galactic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to a galaxy (especially our galaxy the Milky Way)
the galactic plane
- s inconceivably large
- In the 1960s the guru decreed that humans are made of clusters of spirits (or "thetans") who were banished to earth some 75 million years ago by a cruel galactic ruler named Xenu.
- If you've never met Arthur Dent, engaged the Improbability Drive or sipped a pan-galactic gargle blaster, stop reading now: this article may leave you as cold as a Vogon's heart.
- You play a kind of galactic 007 agent on a mission to deal with another agent gone rogue.
News & Articles
- Plastic could shield astronauts from space radiation
By Mike WallSpace.comPlastic shielding could help protect astronauts from harmful radiation on long journeys through deep space, new observations from a NASA moon probe suggest.An instrument aboard NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) found that plastic reduces the radiation dose from fast-moving charged particles called galactic cosmic rays. Scientists have long suspected that this is the ...
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Plastic Could Protect Astronauts from Deep-Space Radiation
Light materials such as plastic help block galactic cosmic rays.
June 14, 2013 - SPACE.com
- Justin Bieber to Fulfill Your Dreams by Firing Himself Into Space
Space is no longer the final frontier for Justin Bieber, after it's been revealed that he's booked himself a seat on a private Virgin Galactic space flight.
June 14, 2013 - Wired News
- Richard Branson in Times Online
Sir Richard said: "We are delighted to partner with Aabar in a strategic deal that is a first for Virgin Galactic. The initiative will leverage the solid financial backing of Aabar and the pioneering technology and strong global relationships of...
- Burt Rutan in USA Today
We don't go out and promote Virgin Galactic because that would be improper and unfair to the other spaceline customers,said Rutan, who declined to elaborate. "I have to be careful to not favor."
- Carlos Frenk in Oneindia
Professor Carlos Frenk, Director of Durham University's Institute for Computational Cosmology, said: "The simulations are a blueprint for galaxy formation.They show that vital clues to the early, violent history of the Milky Way lie on our galactic...