gallant : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a man who is much concerned with his dress and appearance
- n a man who attends or escorts a woman
- s unflinching in battle or action
a gallant warrior
put up a gallant resistance to the attackers
- s lively and spirited
- s having or displaying great dignity or nobility
a gallant pageant
- s being attentive to women like an ideal knight
- He is the gallant and slightly desperate master of ceremonies of a weekly eruption called The Muppet Show, which in its third season on the air has become what is almost .
- For of all the characters set to paper by American authors since the war, only Holden Caulfield, the gallant scatologer of The Catcher in the Rye, has taken flesh permanently .
- Part of his subsequent appeal to the British electorate stems from Eden's status as one of "the lost generation"those gallant young schoolboys whom fate and the nostalgic .
News & Articles
- 9 car break-ins reported in northern Rock Hill neighborhood
Residents in homes along Mount Gallant Road in northern Rock Hill have fallen victim to a car burglar again.
June 12, 2013 - The Rock Hill Herald
- Win a Copy of “Beyond the Solar System” for the Kids in Your Life
In reviewing the book “Beyond the Solar System: Exploring Galaxies, Black Holes, Alien Planets, and More; A History with 21 Activities” by Mary Kay Carson, UT writer Eva Gallant described it as “written for children and for the inquisitive child within us.” Thanks to the publisher, Universe Today has three free copies of this book [...]
June 12, 2013 - Universe Today
- Movie night in Concord, June 13
Area residents are invited to bring a chair, a blanket or anything else to sit upon and come to Concord Movie Night. The township will show “Babe: The Gallant Pig” at dusk, June 13, at the walking trail, 689 Smithbridge Rd.
June 12, 2013 - Garnet Valley Press
- Ernie Kent in Forbes
Cal made a gallant run, but I think their legs gave out a little bit,Kent said.