- n a comedian who uses gags
- n someone who writes comic material for public performers
- But by this time Capra knew enough about picture-making to get a job as gagman for Hal Roach.
- Tops among Hollywood writer-director teams for many a year were hairy little Frank Capra, who used to be a Mack Sennett gagman, and baldish Robert Riskin, who got into the movie .
- The Lower the Globaler When he stopped working for Comedian Jack Benny, the veteran gagman Harry Conn was asked his opinion of Benny's ability to ad-lib a joke.