gaelic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of several related languages of the Celts in Ireland and Scotland
- a relating to or characteristic of the Celts
News & Articles
- Marathon bombing victim Martin Richard remembered in memorial Mass on his 9th birthday
At 10:15 this morning, bagpipers filled the warm spring air of Dorchester’s O’Donnell Square with the melancholy strains of two Irish ballads, “The Dawning of the Day” and “Leaving of Liverpool,” as they marched down Freeport Street to Saint Ann Parish. The somber procession of the eight members of the Boston Police Gaelic Column acted as prelude to a memorial Mass for Martin Richard, killed ...
June 9, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Tilda Swinton in Los Angeles Times
Hollywood is built on Europeans! Go back and look,Swinton said backstage after her triumph. "I'm really sad I couldn't give a speech in Gaelic."
- Bernard Laporte in CNN International
It will be a hellish game. The games against Ireland are always tough but this one will be played in a very special environment, in a stadium which is a temple of Gaelic sports where rugby players didn't have the right to play,Laporte said.