furlong : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a unit of length equal to 220 yards
- Instead of speed-marching you through furlong after furlong of ringworld landscape, they sometimes slacken the pace and let you just be in the world.
News & Articles
- Edward Furlong Back in Jail After Judge Raises His Bail
Just when you think Edward Furlong is out...they pull him back in. The Terminator 2: Judgment Day star, who had been free on bond following his May 16 arrest for an alleged...
June 11, 2013 - E! Online
- Edward Furlong Back In Jail
Terminator 2 star Edward Furlong was thrown back in jail Monday. The 35-year-old was arrested last month for allegedly violating a restraining order obtained by his ex-girlfriend, Monica Keena. Furlong was found hiding underneath a nearby stairwell after Keena called police and alerted them that the actor was on her property. He was released from police [...] Edward Furlong Back In Jail is a ...
June 11, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Terminator 2 Actor Edward Furlong Back in Jail
Edward Furlong is back in jail, according to TMZ.com. The Terminator 2 actor returned to court Monday in conjunction with his recent arrest for...
June 11, 2013 - TV Guide
- Bart Cummings in Sydney Morning Herald
Roman Emperor is a last-start winner who finished it off over the last furlong, which is a good sign for a future stayer,Cummings said. "Vilayet has to improve to be a chance, while Mangala was trapped off the track last start and I expect...
- Frankie Dettori in Reuters
The last furlong was a pretty long one, but I could feel that he was still galloping strong and millions of emotions went through my head,said Dettori. "When I crossed the line, I didn't really know if it was true or a dream."
- Olivier Peslier in The Press Association
Peslier added: "She was very relaxed. Maybe I came a bit early, but she is a strong filly and I knew Paco Boy would wait a long time. When I took a look behind me, I saw no horses near and at the furlong pole I just had to keep going. This is...