full-blown : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s fully ripe; at the height of bloom
a full-blown rose
- s having or displaying all the characteristics necessary for completeness
a full-blown financial crisis
- Some of the boys grew from being spoiled and bratty--belittling the help, once chasing the cook up a tree at Hickory Hill--into full-blown debauchery, driving fast, drinking hard .
- While the effects were not nearly so great as to cause full-blown ADHD, Stevenson nonetheless warns that "these adverse effects could affect the child's ability to benefit from the .
- On the plus side, it has a functioning democracy and no full-blown war.
News & Articles
- Gregg Popovich was asked if he might ‘mail in’ Game 4 to rest the injured Tony Parker, responded as you’d expect
SAN ANTONIO — Not everything interesting that players and coaches say from practice can make it into a full-blown story. But sometimes, the answer to a single question is deserving of being mentioned all by itself. Especially when Gregg Popovich is the one giving the response. There were plenty of questions about Tony Parker‘s status…
June 13, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProBasketballTalk
- NBA Social Media Awards Live Coverage and Reactions
As the NBA has become one of the most I nternet -friendly sports leagues around the world, the NBA Social Media Awards has grown into a full-blown event. This year's rendition airs tonight at 8:00 p.m. ET on NBA TV. Find out who the fans selected for the most social media-friendly player, the best tweet to come from the season, the year's best game-winning shot, the most explosive dunk of the ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Challenges to phone records face legal obstacles
FILE - This June 6, 2013 file photo shows a sign outside the National Security Administration (NSA) campus in Fort Meade, Md. Massive government surveillance of Americans' phone and internet activity is drawing protests from civil liberties groups, but major legal obstacles stand in the way of any full-blown court hearing on the practice.
June 12, 2013 - Washington Examiner
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
If there's anyone out there who still doesn't believe this constitutes a full-blown crisis,Obama said, "I suggest speaking to one of the millions of Americans whose lives have been turned upside down because they don't know where their...
- Arnold Schwarzenegger in Kansas City Star
Today I am exercising my executive authority to avoid a full-blown crisis and keep our state moving forward,Schwarzenegger said. "This is not an action I take lightly."
- Daniel Yankelovich in Guardian Unlimited
The Anxiety Indicator is moving closer to the 150 mark, the `red zone' that to me would signal a full-blown crisis of public confidence,said survey researcher Daniel Yankelovich, chairman of Public Agenda, the nonpartisan public policy...