fueled : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v provide with a combustible substance that provides energy
- v provide with fuel
- v take in fuel, as of a ship
The tanker fueled in Bahrain
- v stimulate
- a heated, driven, or produced by burning fuel
- Where Kawakubo ventures, other designers will inevitably followher influence fueled by her consistent provocation.
- Already sullied by claims of machismo-fueled abuse and a relatively poor record of success, tough-love programs for juvenile offenders are now getting another kick in the teeth.
- A late bloomer invented the instant noodles that fueled the Asian Miracle.
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
Obama told reporters on Tuesday that while bankers shouldn't get rich on the taxpayers' dime, "the rest of us can't afford to demonize every investor or entrepreneur who seeks to make a profit. That drive is what has always fueled our prosperity,...
- Jim McNerney in Seattle Times
This is a landmark decision and sweeping legal victory over the launch-aid subsidies that fueled the rise of Airbus and that continue to provide its products a major cost advantage,McNerney said in a statement.
- Larry Birkhead in Washington Post
It's totally false and defamatory,Birkhead said. "This book is fueled by Internet gossip and tabloid reports. She never once tried to contact me or Howard to see if any of these things were true."