- n a habit worn by clerics
- n a one-piece garment for a woman; has skirt and bodice
- v put a frock on
- Coco introduced the tricot sailor frock and the pullover sweater, unearthed wool jersey from its longtime service as underwear fabric and put it to use in soft, clinging dresses.
- A battalion of frock-coated military-academy cadets stood ramrod straight; eight mariachi bands and two brass bands took their positions.
- Last week she stood in a smart Paris frock at the right hand of the Son of Heaven, and made gracious small talk in soft, Washingtonian English with the British Prince.
News & Articles
- $68,000 question: Really?
What the frock?! This flimsy, cheap-looking babydoll dress is the star of the new Saint Laurent collection — and costs a staggering $68,000. The Peter Pan-collared, schoolgirl get-up, featuring a dowdy black bow tie and tiny puffy sleeves, was on display at the famed design house’s new Soho boutique...
June 12, 2013 - New York Post
- Roberto Cavalli Destroys Beyoncé’s Figure in Concert Dress Sketch
Italian Designer Roberto Cavalli custom created one of the dresses that Beyoncé rocks on stage during her Mrs. Carter World Tour, and while it looks gorgeous on the songstress, the frock has now landed him in the hot seat. On Tuesday, the sketch for the colorful muslin silk printed gown was posted to Cavalli’s official Facebook page … and Queen Bey's coveted curves are nowhere to be found ...
June 11, 2013 - omg! Celeb News via omg!
- Fashion Faceoff: Heidi Klum vs. Selena Gomez
There's no doubt that Heidi Klum, who turned 40 on June 1, has still got it. But can she rock the same frock better than the half-her-age Selena Gomez? What they wore: An Atelier Versace Spring 2013 dress with neon … Continue reading ?
June 7, 2013 - omg!
- Steven Moffat in Monsters and Critics.com
Steven Moffat says: "Everything that matters about Holmes and Watson is the same. Conan Doyle's stories were never about frock coats and gas light; they're about brilliant detection, dreadful villains and blood-curdling crimes - and frankly, to hell...
- Danny La Rue in Telegraph.co.uk
Years later, La Rue joked to an audience at a show in Cork: "See what they did to me in England. I left in short pants and I've come back in a frock."
- Bruno Tonioli in RTE.ie
Bruno Tonioli, who awarded the couple five points, said: "Tutankhamen in a frock would have done a better job. The footwork was mummified."