frog : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n any of various tailless stout-bodied amphibians with long hind limbs for leaping; semiaquatic and terrestrial species
- n a person of French descent
- n a decorative loop of braid or cord
- v hunt frogs for food
- Mark Jennings discovered the magic of frogs when he was 4 years old.
- Hardy and plentiful as they seem, frogs are actually very frail things, with a semipermeable skin that leaves them vulnerable to even the slightest hiccup in their environment.
- On a rubber estate near Sungei Siput, 100miles northeast of Kuala Lumpur, about 50 frogs began furiously hopping around and biting one another.
News & Articles
- Frog Legs recipe
Brett Martin added a few Louisiana touches to the recipe in Jacques Pepin's "La Technique." Frog LegsSoak frog legs in milk for an hour. Season all-purpose flour with white pepper, salt and a little cayenne. Put the seasoning mixture into...
June 27, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- Supervisors propose alternative to frog habitat
Debra Moore Staff Writer 6/27/2013 No one disputes the fact that the yellow-legged frog is declining in population, but there is a difference of opinion on how to reverse the trend. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is proposing to declare 2.2 million acres of land in 16 counties critical habitat for the yellow-legged frog. Another million acres is proposed for other species including the ...
June 27, 2013 - Plumas County News
- Flying frog
Gabe Heinrich, 10, of Powell blows on his frog to get it to jump during the annual Dublin Kiwanis Frog Jump in Coffman Park Saturday, June 22. The frog jump is believed to be Dublin's oldest, continuous community event.
June 26, 2013 - This Week Dublin
- Alain Vigneault in National Post
In the heat of the battle things get said sometimes a lot worse than being called a French frog or whatever,Vigneault said. "He says he didn't say it. Even if he did, come on. If our politicians, French or English ...... if that's the only...
- Ivan Seidenberg in Reuters
This is a boiling frog issue -- how long can you stay in the water before you get boiled to death,Seidenberg said. "We're looking at close to double-digit increases in healthcare costs going into the future."
- Kris Kristofferson in Washington Post
When Kristofferson pointed out that he sang "like a frog," Foster said he replied, "Yeah, but a frog that can communicate."