- a not serious in content or attitude or behavior
a frivolous novel
a frivolous remark
a frivolous young woman
- Our country's courts are clogged with unnecessary and frivolous lawsuits which delay, if not obstruct, the access to courts of people that really need to get there, that have .
- People expect you to be frivolous, frothy and not particularly smart.
- Their efforts--both frivolous and fundamental--are already beginning to transform the culture Day in the Life: What a 17-year-old girl does--and buys.
News & Articles
- Woman’s suit accuses Arlington officer of using excessive force
Vanessa Aguilar’s says she was grabbed by the neck and punched while being arrested on an outstanding warrant. An attorney for the city calls the suit “frivolous.”
June 15, 2013 - Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Legal cost in Paterson ex-councilman's case top $465,000
The lawsuit against the city by Aslon Goow, a former councilman, so far has cost $465,000 and the cost will keep climbing as Goow pursues an appeal in the federal civil rights litigation. But critics say the lawsuit is "frivolous" and that the costs will be shouldered by city taxpayers.
June 14, 2013 - The Record
- Losing hope in government
The growing list of government agencies intimidating private citizens and recklessly, gleefully, contemptuously spending taxpayers’ money on frivolous indulgences evokes memories of the old Soviet apparatchiks’ special privileges condoned by an unchallenged Communist Party.
June 12, 2013 - Miami Herald
- Ernie Chambers in Forbes
This lawsuit having been filed and being of such questionable merit creates a circumstance where my lawsuit is appropriately filed,Chambers said. "People might call it frivolous but if they read it they'll see there are very serious issues...
- Tom Ammiano in Los Angeles Times
I know the jokes are going to be coming, but this is not a frivolous issue,said Ammiano, a Democrat elected in November after more than a dozen years as a San Francisco supervisor. "California always takes the lead -- on gay marriage, the...