- n (paleontology) a bony plate that curves upward behind the skull of many ceratopsian dinosaurs
- n an external body part consisting of feathers or hair about the neck of a bird or other animal
- n a strip of pleated material used as a decoration or a trim
- n ornamental objects of no great value
- I mean, what is a frill? The ability to buy a ticket to Berlin is not a frill.
- On your computer, you'd run the PhatNoise Music Manager, a competent but frill-less jukebox.
- Encyclopedia Prehistorica: Dinosaurs covers shield bearers, frill heads, meat eaters and more with dozens of spectacular pop-ups tucked inside 12 pages.
News & Articles
- English School Bans Students From Wearing Frilly Socks
An English headmistress has banned frilly socks at her school after one of her students tripped and fell. Jan Buckland has vowed that if children show up at school wearing frilly socks, they will be forced to change into the plain socks that she purchased from a local store . Wearing frilly socks became a trend at Kingsholm Primary School after pupil Lily-Jo, 6, started wearing socks that were ...
June 14, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Add Some Teriyaki Flavor to Next Cookout With Easy Appetizers
Tofu Appetizers By: Cheryl Mochau Makes 36 1/4 cup packed brown sugar 1/4 cup soy sauce 2 tablespoons lemon juice 1 tablespoon cooking oil 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic 1 pound block firm, regular tofu 18 sugar snap peas 36 - 1" pieces red bell pepper 36 frill picks, or toothpicks Lightly coat a skillet with non-stick coating. Place the first 6 ingredients in the skillet ...
June 13, 2013 - FOX 7 WTVW Evansville
- Robert Boyle in Forbes
We have to compete with business-class-only airlines, traditional ones and no-frill ones,Boyle said. "Each year, surveys of frequent flyers around the world praise BA and criticize Heathrow for its delays, poor baggage handling and crowded...
- Spencer G. Lucas in Discovery News
What he found was this big honking bone in front of the frill,said Lucas. "We really had this breakthrough."
- Jon S Corzine in Newark Star Ledger
We can continue struggling every year, scraping by with duct tape and baling wire, and pulling together no-frill, investment-free budgets,Corzine said. "Or we can change course."