- n a strip of pleated material used as a decoration or a trim
- n the act of walking with exaggerated jerky motions
- v walk emphatically
- The pulpit is a red flounce curtain draped over a desk; broken windows let the swirling central China dust coat the whitewashed walls.
- His black hair is permed into loose curls that flounce slightly as he walks, his torso covered by a tight, long-sleeved silk shirt decorated with swirling white, brown and black .
- There was also Anne de Weese's three-piece "interchangeable," a striped daytime dress on which the top part could be dropped down to the waist to make a long-skirted, flounce .