- Before World War II, the friary's monthly magazine, Knight of the Immaculate, boasted an impressive 1 million circulation.
- He took this mortification humbly, and gave a selfless life of service to the friary and the city as a tertiary of the order.
- He celebrated an outdoor Mass at Niepokalanow (City of the Immaculate), a friary founded by Kolbe 25 miles west of Warsaw.
News & Articles
- Cathedral plans regal tomb for England's Richard III
LONDON (Reuters) - Richard III, whose remains were found under a car park, is to have a burial fit for an English king after a cathedral bowed to public pressure opposing its plan for a simple slab tomb. In the most significant archaeological find of recent English history, a skeleton found during excavations of a mediaeval friary last year was confirmed in February to be Richard, ending a 500 ...
July 19, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Mikhail Gorbachev in Chicago Tribune
Over the last few days some media have been disseminating fantasies-I can't use any other word-about my secret Catholicism, citing my visit to the Sacro Convento friary, where the remains of St. Francis of Assisi lie,Gorbachev told the...