franciscan : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a Roman Catholic friar wearing the grey habit of the Franciscan order
- a of or relating to Saint Francis of Assisi or to the order founded by him
News & Articles
- Tammy Algood: Enjoy fresh figs now, or preserve for later
The Mission fig gets its name from Franciscan missionaries who planted it. Tammy T. Algood is a food marketing specialist and author of “Farm Fresh Southern Cooking” and “The Complete Southern Cookbook.”
June 15, 2013 - The Journal News
- Franciscan Health System expands its reach to Bonney Lake with new medical pavilion
Tacoma’s Franciscan Medical System has expanded its reach in Eastern Pierce County with the opening of a new, three-story, 45,000-square-foot medical pavilion in Bonney Lake.
June 10, 2013 - Tacoma News Tribune
- Franciscan Oaks facility in Denville named finalist in Healthcare Heroes program
Franciscan Oaks, a continuing care retirement facility in Denville, and part of Saint Clare’s Health System, has been named a finalist in the Nursing Home/Assisted Living Facility of the Year category in the 2013 NJBIZ Healthcare Heroes awards program. The...
June 9, 2013 - Independent Press
- Mayor Gavin Newsom in Seattle Times
We will not stop until every San Franciscan has access to free wireless Internet service,Newsom said in his state-of-the-city address.
- Carla Del Ponte in Boston Globe (registration)
I have information he is hiding in a Franciscan monastery, and so the Catholic Church is protecting him. I have taken this up with the Vatican and the Vatican refuses totally to cooperate with us,UN chief prosecutor Carla del Ponte told...
- Nancy Pelosi in Kansas City Star
He was a man of extraordinary vision, leadership and wisdom,House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said in a statement, describing Shorenstein as "a proud San Franciscan, a great American and a dear friend."