fostering : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n encouragement; aiding the development of something
- n helping someone grow up to be an accepted member of the community
- v promote the growth of
- v bring up under fosterage; of children
- v help develop, help grow
- But she has proved herself committed to discovering and fostering new talent.
- In 2001, Burundian journalist Alexis Sinduhije founded Radio Publique Africaine (RPA) as a means of fostering peace between the Tutsi and the Hutu in his war-torn country.
- It is even more important that Lie is fostering the curiosity of a new generation of minds and teaching them to puzzle out how the world works.
News & Articles
- Digital Benefit Advisors Launches Digital Benefits Marketplace for Employers of All Sizes
Digital Benefit Advisors , a division of Digital Insurance, the nation’s largest and most technologically advanced employee benefits-only agency, is launching Digital Benefits Marketplace, a private exchange to help employers of all sizes control rising benefits costs through defined contributions and fostering consumer engagement.
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- We have a right to stay safe - with our own guns
In response to a recent letter from Bill Thompson, I am not a Republican or Democrat, and own no military-style weapons, but do hunt and as a result am a member of the NRA. Education is firearm safety and firearms knowledge, which is paramount in fostering responsible firearm ownership.
June 13, 2013 - MyCentralJersey.com
- PetSmart to host adoption event this weekend
The Texarkana Animal League will have an adoption event from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at PetSmart. TAL will accept applications for fostering or adopting currently homeless dogs and cats.
June 13, 2013 - Texarkana Gazette
- President Bush in Reuters
These policies have shown themselves time and time again to be the surest path to creating jobs, increasing commerce, and fostering progress,Bush said. "And this moment of global economic uncertainty would be precisely the wrong time to...
- Ben Bernanke in istockAnalyst.com (press release)
The insights provided by our role in supervising a range of banks, including community banks, significantly increase our effectiveness in making monetary policy and fostering financial stability,Bernanke said.
- Dominique Strauss-Kahn in ABC Online
I am determined to pursue without delay the reforms needed for the IMF to make financial stability, serve the international community, while fostering growth and employment,Mr Strauss-Kahn, 58, said in a statement after the announcement.