- n elegance by virtue of fineness of manner and expression
- n the result of good upbringing (especially knowledge of correct social behavior)
a woman of breeding and refinement
- n helping someone grow up to be an accepted member of the community
- n the production of animals or plants by inbreeding or hybridization
- n the sexual activity of conceiving and bearing offspring
- v call forth
- v copulate with a female, used especially of horses
- v cause to procreate (animals)
- v have young (animals) or reproduce (organisms)
- s producing offspring or set aside especially for producing offspring
the breeding population
retained a few bulls for breeding purposes
- Then as now, the idea was to show off the owners' prize breeding stock.
- China is breeding pandas and releasing them into the wild.
- A millennium after the sport was born, we're breeding horses to finer and finer tolerances, racing them earlier and harder and producing an animal that may be a thrill to watch but .
News & Articles
- AgriLife Research Potato Breeding Program to be Featured at July 24 Field Day
The annual Texas A&M Potato Breeding and Variety Development Field Day will be held July 24 near Springlake.
June 18, 2013 - KAMR Amarillo
- All News
There was a time in American Thoroughbred breeding when soundness and stamina were cherished right alongside speed and class in a prospective stallion. If a horse had aged well on the racetrack, so much the better. If he could stay 1 1/2 miles, better ...
June 18, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Breeding duck population drops in North Dakota
BISMARCK - The population of breeding ducks in North Dakota appears healthy despite a drop in size from last year, state wildlife officials say.
June 13, 2013 - The Fargo Forum
- Mohamed ElBaradei in International Herald Tribune
To provide sustainable, long-term solutions, we must make use of all available resources,IAEA director-general Mohamed ElBaradei said in a statement. "The IAEA is urging a revival of nuclear crop breeding technologies to help tackle world...
- Roger Maltbie in The Associated Press
If local communities are not empowered with the means to earn a sustainable livelihood in the wake of growing global and local challenges, Somalia will continue to be a potential breeding ground for frustrated extremists _ a challenge to its... Ban Ki-moon http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ban_Ki-moon&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFIDDDOdKd-qT9hUhe56NEPnY21Lw FOXNews http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Nov19/0,4670,UNUNSomalia,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFvL_G3Hxb4bWkXBEeoxxDy-JrEaA Nov 19, 2008
12587 17205 breeze Fog will be the players' friend," said Roger Maltbie, a Pebble regular who now works for NBC Sports. "If we get sunny conditions with a bit of breeze, this will be a great championship. And I'd be very surprised if anyone breaks par."