- n the person who plays the position of forward in certain games, such as basketball, soccer, or hockey
- n a position on a basketball, soccer, or hockey team
- v send or ship onward from an intermediate post or station in transit
- r at or to or toward the front; (`forrad' and `forrard' are dialectal variations)
- r in a forward direction
- Miroslav Klose in The Guardian
A few years ago people kept saying it was a shame there weren't any new generations coming through,Klose says. "They said we have no forwards and no creative midfielders. Everybody deplored that. But time has proved these people wrong."
- Rick Dudley in The Associated Press
I think what we saw in the playoffs is the Dustin Byfuglien we've seen evolving for some time now,Dudley said in a conference call early Thursday morning. "As a forward he's probably one of the premier power forwards in the league."
- Joe Kocur in Detroit Free Press
This is a very sad day for Red Wings fans as we have lost one of the toughest players, best power forwards and all-around great guys who ever wore the Winged Wheel,Kocur said in a statement. "My favorite memory of Bob would be sitting down...