forty-three : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s being three more than forty
- Not merely five o'clock, he noticed as he looked in at the clockmaker's, but precisely seven past five--no, seven minutes forty-three, -four, forty-five seconds past.
- The Spaniards shot well enough, hitting forty-three percent of their shots and 12 of 30 from behind the three-point line, but it was their smothering defense (holding Greece .
- Nineteen forty-three was the worst year of his career, and even, perhaps, the last full year.
News & Articles
- Black Sabbath to release new album, embark on world tour
LOS ANGELES - Forty-three years ago Black Sabbath released its debut self-titled album, a collection of songs inspired by occult themes and powered by heavy-metal guitar riffs.
June 11, 2013 - Denver Post
- Dad sentenced for abducting kids, stealing yacht
A San Francisco man has been sentenced to three years in jail for abducting his two young children and taking them away on a stolen yacht. Forty-three-year-old Christopher Maffei was sentenced Friday in San Mateo County Superior Court.
June 8, 2013 - Erie Times-News
- Audio of Jimi Hendrix in Tulsa released
Forty-three years ago Friday rock legend Jimi Hendrix performed in Tulsa. Today those unfortunate to not be one of the 4,700 in attendance at the Tulsa Convention Center -- then the Tulsa Assembly Arena -- can at least feel like they were there.
June 7, 2013 - KJRH-TV Tulsa
- Jack Layton in Calgary Herald
Forty-three different times over the last year there was an opportunity (in Parliament) for a Liberal vote to be exercised to stop the Harper agenda, and it wasn't exercised,Layton said.
- President Bush in FOXNews
Forty-three governors have this line-item veto in their states,Bush said. "Now it's time to bring this important tool of fiscal discipline to Washington, DC"
- Jon Gruden in Charlotte Sun-Herald
He might be the best player that I've seen play football in my life,Gruden said. "Honest to God, he's a pleasure to watch. I find myself going down the hall and saying, 'Did you see that guy? Forty-three?' He makes some of the damndest...