- n the practice of predicting people's futures (usually for payment)
- In a metropolis of psychics, the question is, How can fortunetelling be illegal?.
- It announced that it would hereafter reject "all advertising pertaining to luck, mysticism, fortunetelling, get rich-quick schemes," and the like.
- Not the least of Miss Adams' achievements in behalf of her art was raising astrology from the status of fortunetelling, illegal in New York State.
- Clayton Greene, Jr. in Washington Post
...decision is not so important for what it says about the craft of fortunetelling -- indeed, Judge Clayton Greene Jr. noted in the majority opinion that "Fortunetelling may be pure entertainment, it may give individuals some insight into the...