forswearing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the act of renouncing; sacrificing or giving up or surrendering (a possession or right or title or privilege etc.)
- v formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure
- He flubbed the first debate when he invaded her personal space, shouting at her to sign a paper forswearing soft money.
- McCain, a onetime media favorite when he last ran for president, was effectively forswearing the possibility of regaining their favor.
- Deng, while forswearing any explicit alliance with Washington, made it clear over the course of his 2 hours with Reagan on Saturday that he shares the American President's .