- s having no definite form or distinct shape
an aggregate of formless particles
- s having no physical form
belief in a world filled with...formless but often malevolent beings
- Other lithopedians have been recorded, but they were invariably formless round masses.
- To many Americans, these activities typify a leaderless, formless and wildly eclectic movement that is variously called sensitivity training, encounter, "therapy for normals .
- He set the keynote with an attack on "formless and harmful modernism," roasted Russia's great expatriate, Igor Stravinsky, as an example of a composer who writes for the elite .
News & Articles
- Here's What Liking Stuff on Facebook Really Looks Like (It's Beautiful)
The Facebook Like and Share are so ingrained into our day to day internet lives that they're more than just verbs, they're almost instinctual. But what does an inherently digital, formless thing like a Like actually look like? Well, a lot like this, actually. Read more...
June 12, 2013 - Gizmodo
- Fishing for trouble
Editor's note: This column originally ran Aug. 26, 2007. Chaos (ka'os), n. The Random House Dictionary states one meaning is, "The formless matter supposed to have preceded the existence of the ordered universe.
June 8, 2013 - Peninsula Clarion
- Terry Anderson in Men's News Daily
As Anderson recalled, "There's nothing there, just a formless, gray-black misery. My mind's gone dead."
- Bruce Lee in South China Morning Post (subscription)
Describing his unique fighting style, which adapted something from all martial arts, the pragmatic Lee said a fighter must be adaptable:"Be formless...... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a...