- s having no definite form or distinct shape
amorphous clouds of insects
- s lacking the system or structure characteristic of living bodies
- s without real or apparent crystalline form
an amorphous mineral
- After the eruption of the volcano, the town was engulfed by an amorphous cloud of ash.
- The students seem to be losing their enthusiasm for the amorphous affairs; but, more important, the Berkeley police are not losing theirs.
- This architect has abandoned traditional cube and sphere building blocks for more amorphous forms.
News & Articles
- Identity Over Time and Mr. Potato Head
When it comes to Mr. Potato Head, his identity is something amorphous and hard to define. Wired Science blogger Samuel Arbesman ponders how, in the absence of his body -- or his body parts -- Mr. Potato Head is still Mr. Potato Head.
June 13, 2013 - Wired News
- Beach House bucks modern trends
Indie rock duo learning to navigate the past, future by John Schacht If you were seeking a poster-band primer on how to navigate the amorphous landscape of today's music industry without losing your aesthetic way, you could do a lot worse than Baltimore's Beach House. The duo of singer/keyboardist Victoria Legrand and multi-instrumentalist Alex Scally released its eponymous debut in 2006, and ...
June 13, 2013 - Creative Loafing Charlotte
- Relist Watch
John Elwood reviews Monday’s relisted cases. If the last few days of torrential rains have left you feeling more gloomy than an amorphous blob in need of a serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, Relist Watch is here as usual to cheer you up. Eventually. First we have to take care of the bad news. Yesterday marked the [...]
June 12, 2013 - SCOTUSblog
- Miguel Estrada in Canada.com
The law, as written, is "vague, amorphous, open-ended and essentially not very helpful," Miguel Estrada, Black's lawyer, told the high court justices. "It is basically a mess."
- Bob Barr in International Herald Tribune
We need today, now, 55 days before this election, bold, focused, specific leadership and that is not the amorphous kind that says any of the above or none of the above,Barr said.
- Daniel Levy in FOXSports.com
An enemy that's working in an amorphous network that doesn't have to worry about a bunch of regulations, chain of command, rule of law or anything else has got a huge advantage over a stultified, slow-moving, bureaucratic, by-the-book... Porter Goss http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porter_J._Goss&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGtGLBxuJtLP5XV6aU0sXgo_iabkQ Daily Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp%3Fpage%3D2005%255C11%255C22%255Cstory_22-11-2005_pg4_3&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEE8upOMMzCaPCyA-kKL2K5JMKqMg Nov 21, 2005
3408 4953 amortisation Levy said: Revenue continues to grow as we drive all areas of the club. The decrease in profit from operations before player trading and amortisation reflects one-off costs including the changes to football management made during the period. The...