- a of or related to an amphitheater
- The congressmen met for a first get-together session in Harvard's Memorial Hall's fusty, amphitheatrical Sanders Theatre, with twilight filtering on them through stained glass.
- Fellini's style is less theatrical than amphitheatrical.
- One veteran killed himself on the amphitheatrical green near the wall.
- Trevor Nunn in guardian.co.uk
Of all the theatres you can think of, the Olivier stage is absolutely perfect for it,says Nunn. "A great big amphitheatrical auditorium with an open stage is what the play cries out for."