formic : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a of or relating to or derived from ants
- a of or containing or derived from formic acid
- Wollin and Ericson mixed the molecules of gases recently detected in the far reaches of space ammonia, methanol, formaldehyde and formic acid in various combinations.
- Reading this "practical anthology of scathing remarks" is somewhat like sampling a vial of concentrated formic acid: only professional scorpions or the very insensitive will care .
- Doctors thought that he might recover from the ant-bite poison (formic acid).
News & Articles
- Seagulls Getting ‘Drunk’ On Flying Ants In England
Australian seagulls are reportedly getting “drunk” on flying ants in parts of England. A significant number of dead birds have been found in Paignton, Plymouth, Teignmouth, and other sections of the English countryside. Experts believe this is due to the formic acid produced by the record number of flying ants that are currently plaguing the... Read more » Seagulls Getting ‘Drunk’ On Flying Ants ...
July 21, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Gulzar in Daily Times
The chromium sulphate, formic acid and fat liquors are essential and vital ingredients used in tanning industry, keeping in view the same we had asked the chairman FBR to reconsider PTA's proposals favourably, Gulzar added.