formative : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n minimal language unit that has a syntactic (or morphological) function
- s capable of forming new cells and tissues
a formative zone in developing bone
- s forming or capable of forming or molding or fashioning
a formative influence
a formative experience
- Gandhi later said his formative childhood impression was of her "saintliness" and her devout asceticism infused his soul.
- Khan wanted his first full-length feature to be a tribute to the formative films of his youth: Psycho, Evil Dead, The Exorcist, maybe a little Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Snowe now says that effort was a "formative event" in her approach to health-care policy which no doubt explains why Finance Committee chairman Max Baucus made sure that what .
News & Articles
- JAMES BEHRENS: The more your heart gives, the more you will receive
Religion has been a lifelong source of many things for me. I spent nearly all my formative years in Catholic schools. I was raised in a Catholic family and when I was growing up, most of my friends were Catholic and came from similar backgrounds.. I guess you could say
June 14, 2013 - Newton Citizen
- Jason Kidd Must Back Style With Substance to Succeed as Brooklyn Nets Coach
In a way, Jason Kidd 's quick transition from New York Knicks no-show to NBA retiree to head coach of the Brooklyn Nets isn't all that surprising. If anything, it fits a pattern of prodigium that's marked Kidd's basketball career since his formative days competing against Gary Payton on the playgrounds of Oakland. Kidd's always been gifted, ahead of the curve and incredibly charismatic. But ...
June 14, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Wooster Collective Dad Currently Enjoying Cocaine and Transvestites
Marc Schiller is the co-founder of Wooster Collective , a formative street-art web site launched with his wife Sara in 2003, and the CEO and founder of slick digital brand-strategy firm Bond Strategy and Influence . He is widely surmised to be a close friend of global art-phenomenon Banksy . And today, Schiller enjoyed a bunch of coke with some transvestites. Read more...
June 12, 2013 - Gawker
- Paul Newman in International Herald Tribune
My days there were among the happiest and most formative of my life,Newman said in a statement from Kenyon on Friday. "I believe strongly that we should be doing whatever we can to make all higher education opportunities available to...
- Sara Sugarman in Montreal Gazette
Lindsay was commanding a lot of money and designer clothes, and people were throwing things at her in the formative years,Sugarman said. "It's bad enough that you're recognized and you don't know why people are giving you so much attention...
- Mitch Daniels in Chicago Tribune
The structure in southern Indiana where Lincoln spent his 14 formative years was, by every contemporary account, including Honest Abe's own, a 'log cabin,' Daniels wrote, inviting Hitchens to Indiana to see the site.