- v lift with a pitchfork
- v place under attack with one's own pieces, of two enemy pieces
- v divide into two or more branches so as to form a fork
- v shape like a fork
She forked her fingers
- s resembling a fork; divided or separated into two branches
a forked river
a forked tail
- s having two meanings with intent to deceive
spoke with forked tongue
- The thing has a long, skinny forked tongue with yellow stripes.
- Some 2,000 of Houston's wealthy and others forked over $42 a head to eat imported pate de foie gras in the Shamrock's Emerald Room, rub elbows with the notables, and tour the .
- This year, the northeastern province of Liaoning forked out an estimated $13 million on metal detectors and cameras to discourage would-be cheaters.
News & Articles
- Richardson creates stir with $10 million donation
After shaking down the City of Charlotte for $87.5 million to help fund upgrades at Bank of American Stadium, Panthers owner Jerry Richardson has forked over $10 million to apply his name to another football venue. And some folks in Charlotte understandably are miffed. Richardon’s donation to UNC Charlotte will result in the Charlotte 49ers…
June 12, 2013 - NBC Sports: ProFootballTalk
- This $10 Knife comes with a $25 Gift Card
Buy a Furi Crocodile Knife on eBay for $10 (free shipping), get a $25 Restaurant.com gift card. The knife has a multi-purpose 8-inch blade with a forked nose, ideal for flipping steaks on a pan or...
June 10, 2013 - I4U
- Alain Vigneault in Montreal Gazette
The guy going to net the hardest is Toews,said Vigneault. "He's pitch-forked and run Louie and everything you need to do to create offence and on top of that, he's a real skilled player. We know what we need to do here and we're confident...
- Pliny the Younger in Santa Fe New Mexican
A fearful black cloud was rent by forked and quivering bursts of flame, and parted to reveal great tongues of fire. ...... Darkness fell, not the dark of a moonless or cloudy night, but as if the lamp had been put out in a dark room,wrote...
- Avi Dichter in CBS News
The Egyptians are speaking with a forked tongue,Public Security Minister Avi Dichter told the radio.