forfeiture : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n something that is lost or surrendered as a penalty;
- n a penalty for a fault or mistake that involves losing or giving up something
- n the act of losing or surrendering something as a penalty for a mistake or fault or failure to perform etc.
- Although DeLay's forfeiture of his leadership post makes things easier for the White House, the Abramoff saga will continue to be a problem.
- The government is seeking forfeiture of Gonzalez's Miami condo, his BMW, a firearm, a currency counter and nearly $1.
- Prosecutors are looking for $170 billion in forfeiture from Madoff's former right-hand man.
News & Articles
- The DEA Seized Bitcoins In A Silk Road Drug Raid
In the underground world of the deep web there are few places as nefarious as Silk Road. The site, hidden on the Tor network has long been one of the primary venues for buying and selling contraband using Bitcoin. Now, it seems, the DEA has caught on. On June 23, the organization posted in their standard forfeiture announcements that it had seized 11.02 Bitcoins from a Silk Road user named Eric ...
June 27, 2013 - TechCrunch
- U.S. Department of Justice Selects Unisys to Support Asset Forfeiture Program
BLUE BELL, Pa., June 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Unisys Corporation (NYSE: UIS) was awarded a blanket purchase agreement (BPA) to support Department of Justice (DOJ) Forfeiture Systems managed by the Asset ...
June 26, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- South Carolina man indicted in scheme to sell excavator he did not own to Birmingham company
Thomas Chase Chiles, 46, is charged in the indictment with one count of wire fraud. The indictment also seeks forfeiture of $60,000 to the United States as proceeds of illegal activity, according to a joint statement from U.S. Attorney Joyce White Vance and U.S. Secret Service Acting Special Agent in Charge Jeffrey Anderson.
June 25, 2013 - Birmingham News
- Roger Goodell in USA Today
Goodell said he did not suspend Belichick because, "The discipline I am imposing of a maximum fine and forfeiture of a first-round draft choice, or multiple draft choices, is in fact more significant and long-lasting, and therefore more effective,...
- Franklin Raines in Bloomberg
The illicit commercial activities prostitution and trafficking in controlled substances that are the focus of the City's vehicle forfeiture ordinance are matters of statewide concern that our Legislature has comprehensively addressed ...... leaving... Joyce Kennard http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyce_L._Kennard&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNERfWMeciHMK1taHoPHNxRSkk010Q San Jose Mercury News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_6470872&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGuG4Y6NqgjAn8woN4B-rFGZo4SqA Jul 26, 2007
39106 50423 forfeiture My agreement to end this dispute through making a charitable donation of my claim to some Fannie Mae stock, the forfeiture of some stock options, and a payment by the company's insurance carrier, is consistent with my acceptance of accountability...