- n a relatively low hill on the lower slope of a mountain
- Into the hospital at Pisco, Peru last month came a tired, ragged Indian woman from the foothills of the Andes.
- One day Vandana, having returned from a boarding school to her home in the Himalayan foothill town of Dehra Dun, demanded a nylon dress, the fashion adopted by her rich friends.
- Just as views of its Himalayan foothill backdrop remain sweeping, the scale is tenaciously human.
- Bob Ladouceur in Contra Costa Times
Things are going to get a lot harder for us from here on out,De La Salle coach Bob Ladouceur said after the Spartans defeated Livermore. "Foothill will be a real good indicator of where we are."