- v try to stir up public opinion
- v bathe with warm water or medicated lotions
His legs should be fomented
- The government was castigated for its failure to prosecute those who helped foment election violence in early 2002 that killed some 200 people.
- "Shouting is a good way to foment conflict, but it's not the best way to inform.
- A real estate developer who calls New York City his hometown, he was particularly interested in tackling the social conditions in the Muslim world that foment support for such .
- Robert Gates in USA Today
Everywhere you turn, it is the policy of Iran to foment instability and chaos, no matter the strategic value or cost in the blood of innocents - Christians, Jews and Muslims alike,Gates said in a keynote address at an international security...
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
We support their efforts to defend their democracy against attempts by Syria, Iran and allies to foment instability and violence in that important country,Bush said after having breakfast with US troops stationed in Hawaii.
- Ryan Crocker in Forbes
If it's a case of the Iranians moving down a road of using influence to reduce rather than to foment violence, that is a good thing. They would still in our view have a way to go,Crocker said.